Thursday, April 19, 2007

Debt is Scary

Debt is scary.


There, I’ve said it. As someone who’s planning on attending a very expensive graduate school program next year, I’m starting to face the reality. Debt is scary, and it’s about to be something I’m intimately familiar with. There is no way to completely avoid this debt, but with some effort, I hope to minimize it.


The first step in minimizing debt, everyone says, is acknowledging it, which I’ve already take care of. The next steps are a little more vague. There needs to be a good dose of spending less than I earn, some managing savings and a little working on the credit score. A scholarship search is also probably not a bad idea. Lastly, a little accountability goes a long way, hence this blog.


We’ll see how it goes.

No comments: