Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Category 8: Beauty

Beauty seems like one of the most superfluous categories. I never really need new makeup, or even to wear makeup at all, so perhaps it should be cut, but it does cover other things which I consider to be pseudo-necessities, like shampoo, conditioner, face wash and soap. If I were more frugal (or less vain), I might cut back on these items, too.

The beauty category is divided into three subcategories, hair, face and body. These seem pretty self explanatory to me. Hair covers things like shampoo and conditioner, in addition to hair spray or pomades (not something I use), hair dye (something I don’t do anymore, hair cuts (something I do very infrequently, now) and hair ties or bobbles. Face covers things like face wash and makeup of all varieties. Body covers soap and deodorant, lotions, shaving supplies and other sundry body things.

Calling this category beauty makes me realize how unnecessary most of these things are and gives me a wonderful guilt complex about putting anything in it. It tends to be pretty sparse.

No comments: